Things to do after getting admission in Hamburg, Germany
As soon as you get your admission letter from the University
- Book your visa appointment date at your respective consulate.
- Link for German Nation Visa – https://india.diplo.de/in-en/service/-/1803740. All the information is available here.
- Also, see – https://india.diplo.de/in-en/service/studentvisa/2004346
- Checklist for German National Student Visa
- You will also need Biometric Photo
- Start looking for accommodation in Hamburg, as it is very difficult to get a place in Hamburg.
- All the student dorms or student residences have a waiting list, don’t solely rely on them.
- Some links to search for accommodation –
- If you don’t find accommodation anywhere, also try to apply for a short term place at studierendenwerk-hamburg. You can get a place for 2-3 months and in that time you can search for a permanent place.
Links for facebook groups –
Visit FS2YM for more detailed information. (Some information is taken from FS2YM)